AZO, the expert for automatic raw material handling of bulk materials, powders, granulates and liquids, takes part at the Formnext Connect 2020 virtual Event from 10th to 22nd November 2020.
We would appreciate it if we could meet you from 10.-12. November 2020 take the opportunity to talk to us. You are welcome to find out more about us and the digital trade fair in advance from October 28, 2020. Just use the 100% discount code FN20RE2 at the end of your registration process in the ticket shop
for a free ticket. We look forward to meeting you!
Powder handling by the expert - From the individual solution to the printer factory
AZO is the expert when it comes to customized solutions in the field of raw material logistics and powder handling. AZO develops systems for 3D printer feeding for plastics as well as for metal printing.
Additive manufacturing with plastic powder and granulate
The automatic loading of 3D printers for the additive manufacturing of plastic parts
requires a high level of experience with the handling of critical raw materials. The requirements are diverse:
- Uninterrupted supply of one or more 3D printers with plastic powders or granulates
- Storage, provision, conditioning, transport and processing of various powders or granulates
- Screening of virgin material, overflow and unpacked material
- Economic efficiency and careful use of resources due to reuse of overflow and unpacking powder
- Explosion protection for explosive plastic powders
Thanks to decades of experience in the areas of compounding, PVC dryblend, additive production and granulate processing, AZO can now also offer complete systems for feeding 3D printers with plastic powders and granulates. The AZO solutions can be individually and optimally adapted to the requirements:
Dosing, weighing, mixing, screening and conveying – many functions, everything from a single source.
Additive manufacturing with metal powder
The feeding systems for metal 3D printer
can generally be divided into two sections. On the one hand, the material supply and processing, in which the raw material is conveyed to a buffer hopper for storage, after delivery. Afterwards it will get prepared for the production process, screened and provided in the right quantity. Thereby the system can be adapted to various product characteristics, infeed options and conveying rates. Thus, even toxic or hardly flowing substances can be handled individually in large or small quantities.
The second application is located at the printer itself. Excess, non-processed powder residues are initially collected in a buffer hopper centrally. Supported by a cyclone screener these residues are screened and reprocessed for the pneumatic transfer back to the production cycle. This consistent raw material utilization and recovery not only increases the product quality but also the profitability of your entire production process.
In addition, the plant and production safety as well as the raw material quality are taken into account from the very beginning of the plant engineering. AZO offers the following solutions for the different challenges:
- From single components up to complete systems
- Consistent production without interruption of the material flow
- Conditioning of new, overflow and old powder (mixing, drying, sieving)
- Treatment and reuse of the excess raw material
- Tailor made screening technology for every grain size
- Explosion protection of the conveying system according to ATEX standards
- Inert gas atmosphere ensures product safety
- Intelligent control technology and visualization
Thus, the AZO systems range cover the entire internal raw material logistics - from delivery to processing, the entire conveying technology from one single source.